Emily Beck is a Partner in Tyson & Mendes’ San Diego and Los Angeles offices. Her practice primarily focuses on general liability and commercial and insurance litigation, including personal injury defense. Ms. Beck has experience representing individuals, businesses, and insurance companies in litigation across California state courts.
Prior to joining Tyson & Mendes, Ms. Beck was an associate at an insurance defense firm in Los Angeles and a business litigation firm in San Diego. She has successfully resolved numerous cases involving high value complex accidents, personal injury, business, and contractual disputes.
Ms. Beck earned her B.A. in Psychology, cum laude, from the University of Kansas in 2010. She went on to earn her J.D. from the University of San Diego School of Law in 2013, where she was a member of the Student Bar Association and the Moot Court Executive Board, coordinating and competing in multiple intra-school competitions. She is licensed to practice law in California and is a member of the San Diego County Bar Association and San Diego Defense Lawyers. She has also been a member of the Louis M. Welsh Inn of Court and the Lawyer’s Club of San Diego.
In her free time, Ms. Beck volunteers as a Court-Appointed Special Advocate with Voices for Children. She also enjoys traveling, running, and reading.
- What Makes a Verdict Go Nuclear? $102 Million Jury Verdict v. $370,000 October 17, 2022
- New York Bill Narrows Liability Immunity for Nursing Homes and Hospitals August 3, 2020
- Florida Update: Tort Reform Phantom Damages Bill Fails April 6, 2020
- California Case Law Update November 5, 2019
- New York Case Law Update September 30, 2019
- California Case Law Update July 1, 2019
- Florida Case Law Update June 3, 2019
- Arizona Case Law Updates May 6, 2019
- California Case Law Update March 4, 2019
- EVENT RECAP: The Ask Event, Part II: Promoting Yourself in a Tough Legal Industry November 5, 2018
- Avoiding Nuclear Verdicts® in Sexual Tort Cases December 9, 2022