Cayce E. Lynch
Cayce E. Lynch is the firm’s Administrative Partner. As part of the strategic leadership team, she drives the formulation, development, and execution of Tyson & Mendes’ administrative functions firmwide and has led the firm through a period of unprecedented growth and innovation.
Ms. Lynch has helped the firm more than double its size and raise its profile as a leading national civil and insurance defense firm. She founded the Tyson & Mendes Women’s Initiative, Young Professionals Group, and Diversity & Inclusion Committee. These groups provide mentoring and support for the firm’s female, up-and-coming, and underrepresented attorneys and staff, as well as insurance professionals across the country. She also founded Tyson & Mendes University, the firm’s internal education program, which ensures consistent training to all Tyson & Mendes attorneys – a level of education unmatched in the insurance defense industry. She regularly presents CE and MCLE updates on Nuclear Verdicts® and California law, including the landmark Howell v. Hamilton Meats decision and its progeny, to insurance professionals across the U.S. Ms. Lynch is also honored to serve as faculty for the Nuclear Verdicts Defense Institute.
A tenacious and established defense attorney, Ms. Lynch collaborates with defense litigation teams across every Tyson & Mendes office to achieve exceptional, efficient results and protect against a Nuclear Verdict® in cases involving complex issues or catastrophic injury. Ms. Lynch has successfully resolved cases involving business, personal injury, and insurance coverage disputes. She has coordinated full trial preparations in high exposure cases, including exposure evaluations, defense theme development, expert witness retention and opinion formulation, witness examinations, pre-trial motions, and trial presentations.
Ms. Lynch currently serves as Chair of the national CLM Alternative Dispute Resolution Community. In 2017, she won San Diego Business Journal’s “Business Women of the Year” Award for her work on behalf of the firm. San Diego Metro and San Diego Business Journal selected her as a “Top 40 Under 40” in 2018 and 2019. She was listed among San Diego Business Journal’s “Women of Influence in Law” in 2021, 2022, and 2023 and “Leader of Influence in Law” in 2023. CLM named her one of its inaugural “Phenoms Under 40” in 2022.
Ms. Lynch earned her J.D., cum laude, in 2011 from the William S. Richardson School of Law, University of Hawaii at Manoa, where she served as the Outside Articles Editor for the University of Hawaii Law Review. After graduation, she clerked at the Hawaii Supreme Court for Associate Justice James Duffy. Ms. Lynch is licensed to practice law in California and Colorado.
In her free time, Ms. Lynch enjoys spending time with her husband and two daughters, being active outdoors, visiting her extended family in Colorado, learning new Italian recipes, and crocheting. She is perpetually in search of the best burrito in Southern California.
- Cayce Lynch: From Cold E-Mail to Law Firm Partner September 28, 2023
- Maybe Taylor Swift Can Help? Defense Lawyers Turn To Tay-Tay for Tips on Addressing Nuclear Verdicts September 15, 2023
- Cayce 2023 California Legal Awards, Distinguished Leader – Finalists September 15, 2023
- Cayce Lynch, Kristi Blackwell, and Susan Oliver selected for San Diego Business Journal’s Women of Influence in Law June 30, 2023
- Second Annual Nuclear Verdicts Defense Institute Celebrates 2023 Graduates: Tyson & Mendes Trains Attorneys in Its Innovative Methods for Defending Against Outsized Jury Awards June 12, 2023
- Attorneys React to Michael Avenatti’s Prison Sentence for Stealing Client Settlement Money December 19, 2022
- Federal Judge Considers Transferring Girardi Keese Racketeering Lawsuit to Northern District of California December 19, 2022
- CLM’s 2022 Phenoms Under 40 December 8, 2022
- Local FBI Chief’s Ocean-Front Family Home Linked to Disgraced Attorney Tom Girardi November 29, 2022
- Southern California Record Interviews Cayce Lynch on Tom Girardi Case October 12, 2022
- “Thinking Out Loud” About Ed Sheeran’s Use of The Nuclear Verdict Defense Methods June 12, 2023
- Gwyneth Paltrow on Trial: How Authenticity and the Tyson & Mendes Nuclear Verdicts® Defense Methods Defused Juror Anger and Won the Day April 20, 2023
- Tom Brady & Gisele Bündchen: A Lesson for the Insurance Defense Industry December 1, 2022
- Litigation Funding Contributes to Downfall of Tom Girardi and Erika Jayne – Why it Matters for The Insurance Defense Industry April 1, 2022
- Insurance Defense Commentary on the #FreeBritney Movement December 6, 2021
- Howell Update: Unpaid Medical Liens Ruled Admissible in Latest California Appellate Decision August 12, 2021
- Congratulations to Our 2021 Tyson & Mendes Trial Academy Graduates! July 29, 2021
- A Most Memorable Claim: CLM’s ADR Committee Highlights the Importance of Understanding All Parties August 24, 2020
- A Most Memorable Claim December 16, 2019
- Maximizing Mediation: Strategic Preparation Tips to Ensure Effective Negotiations January 17, 2019
Can Taylor Swift Stop Nuclear Verdicts®?
I Think It’s Time to Teach Some Lessons September 13, 2023
- APCIA Western Region General Counsel Conference July 25-27, 2023
- Trending Topics & Year in Review – Webinar Series May 14, May 21, May 28, & June 4, 2020
- Controlling Damages in a Post-Coronavirus World October 22, 2020
- TM HALO® Presents: Plaintiff’s Newest Tactics and the Pattern Driving Nuclear Verdicts® October 26, 2022