SAN DIEGO (May 25, 2023) – Dedicated to employees’ professional development and providing a clear path to partnership, nationwide civil litigation and insurance defense firm Tyson & Mendes LLP announced today eight promotions from senior counsel to partner for attorneys Danielle DeGeorgio, Erick Dimalanta, Rachel Donnelly, Derek Earley, Julee Fritsch Earley, Kelley Harman, and Darrell Nguyen.
“We are thrilled to advance this exceptional group of attorneys to partner. Each of them has shown a commitment to serving our clients, dedication to their colleagues, and drive to challenge themselves in our profession–,” said Strategic Managing Partner Robert Tyson. “As Tyson & Mendes continues to grow, we remain committed to attracting, retaining, and training to be the best trial attorneys in the country. I look forward to this talented group’s contributions as partners in our firm.”
- Danielle DeGeorgio (New York, New Jersey) is a seasoned litigator with a practice focused on catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death defense. She specializes in insurance coverage analysis and disputes, as well as the defense of professional malpractice claims against general managing agents and retail brokers. DeGeorgio received her Juris Doctor from Seton Hall University School of Law.
- Erick Dimalanta (Northern California) focuses on construction disputes, business litigation, premises liability, property damage, subrogation claims and professional liability matters. Dimalanta is a veteran litigator with extensive experience in all aspects of complex civil litigation. He has resolved hundreds of lawsuits and pre-litigation disputes through motion, settlement or decision. He earned his Juris Doctor from the UCLA School of Law.
- Rachel Donnelly (San Diego) has over a decade of legal experience representing clients in civil cases ranging from personal injury to labor and employment matters. Donnelly represents clients in state and federal courts. She is currently a member of the Complex Trial Team and has successfully achieved superior results for her clients through dispositive motions and settlement negotiations. Donnelly earned her Juris Doctor from California Western School of Law.
- Derek Earley (Orange County) focuses on the defense of personal injury, general commercial liability, professional liability and business litigation matters. He has achieved favorable results for his clients during all phases of pre-trial litigation, including complex discovery matters and motion practice, depositions, dispositive motions and alternative dispute resolution. He earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Pacific, McGeorge School of Law.
- Julee Fritsch Earley (Los Angeles) has extensive experience litigating cases in both federal and state courts, representing clients in a variety of areas including general negligence, personal injury, trucking, product liability, employment and healthcare. She has experience handling all phases of litigation, including jury trials and arbitrations. She has also drafted and argued numerous successful dispositive motions, including several motions for summary judgment. Earley obtained her Juris Doctor from Southwestern University School of Law.
- Kelley Harman (Los Angeles) has extensive litigation experience, including investigation, discovery, motion practice, mediation and trial. She has co-chaired several personal injury jury trials, receiving several defense verdicts. Her experience also includes representing government entities. Harman earned her Juris Doctor from Whittier Law School.
- Darrell Nguyen (Northern California) focuses his practice on complex multi-party construction litigation, real estate litigation, professional liability, landlord tenant and habitability, personal injury and general liability litigation. With more than 20 years of experience, he has successfully handled hundreds of cases from inception through all phases of litigation, including trial, arbitration and settlement. He earned his Juris Doctor from the University of San Diego School of Law.
Serving 19 states from 19 offices nationwide, Tyson & Mendes is one of the fastest growing civil defense firms in the U.S. The firm is proud to offer one of the fastest and clearest paths to partnership of any mid-sized law firm in the U.S., and it invests more in educating and training its attorneys than any other insurance defense firm. For more information and to view career opportunities, visit tysonmendes.com.
About Tyson & Mendes LLP
Tyson & Mendes LLP is a nationwide, AV-rated litigation and trial firm specializing in insurance defense and protecting its clients from Nuclear Verdicts®. Robert Tyson and Patrick Mendes founded the firm in 2002 to defend corporations, insurance companies, and their clients in civil litigation matters. The firm has experienced tremendous growth in the past two decades, with offices across the U.S. serving clients in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Massachusetts, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Tennessee, Washington, and Wisconsin.
The firm is most widely recognized for winning the landmark Howell v. Hamilton Meats California Supreme Court case, which forever changed the state’s litigation landscape by significantly impacting the damages a plaintiff may recover. Robert Tyson is also the author of the Amazon bestseller Nuclear Verdicts®: Defending Justice for All, the first and only playbook for the defense on how to avoid runaway jury verdicts.
For more information, visit tysonmendes.com.
Ashley Bendas, J. Walcher Communications