Lynn Allen is the Southwest Regional Managing Partner for Tyson & Mendes. Ms. Allen is an experienced trial lawyer who represents her clients in a wide variety of complex cases, including insurance coverage disputes, insurance bad faith, defense of personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits, products liability, premises liability, intellectual property, employment law, and appeals. Ms. Allen has extensive appellate experience in both the Arizona state and federal courts. She has been lead counsel in many successful jury trials, arbitrations, summary judgment motions, and appeals. She is a frequent lecturer on insurance bad faith and coverage issues in Arizona.
Ms. Allen successfully defended an insurance company in a jury trial involving a $1.7 million claim of first party breach of contract and insurance bad faith arising from storm damage to plaintiff’s home. She also obtained summary judgment for her clients in a variety of high profile cases, including a wrongful death lawsuit against a condominium association arising from carbon monoxide poisoning; a claim for bad faith alleging breach of the duty to defend and indemnify against a $1.2 million construction defect claim; a bad faith claim arising from the denial of coverage and alleged breach of duty to defend an insured against a multi-million dollar wrongful death claim, with the court finding no coverage under the illegal consumption of alcohol exclusion; a bad faith claim arising from the denial of coverage for a multi-million dollar excess verdict in a wrongful death claim, with the court finding no coverage based on the physical abuse exclusion; and a bad faith claim arising from a residential theft, with the court finding the insured failed to cooperate and awarded attorneys’ fees to the insurer.
Ms. Allen earned her J.D. cum laude from the Arizona State University College of Law in 1989, where she served as a note and comment editor on the Law Review. She is licensed to practice law in Arizona and is a member of the Maricopa County Bar Association and Arizona Association of Defense Counsel. Ms. Allen is rated AV-Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell and has been honored as a Southwest Super Lawyer for Insurance Coverage for 2011-2016.
In her free time, Ms. Allen enjoys spending time with her teenage son and cheering him on during his football games. She also enjoys traveling, especially cruising.
- Second Annual Nuclear Verdicts Defense Institute Celebrates 2023 Graduates: Tyson & Mendes Trains Attorneys in Its Innovative Methods for Defending Against Outsized Jury Awards June 12, 2023
- Women’s History Month Spotlight: Lynn Allen March 3, 2023
- Tyson & Mendes Receives “All In For Women” Award in Arizona: Award from the Maricopa County Chapter of Arizona Women Lawyers Association Recognizes Outstanding Efforts to Advance Women’s Workforce Equity October 26, 2022
- Women’s Initiative Article Attorney Spotlight: Lynn Allen June 4, 2021
- Tyson & Mendes Promotes Two to Equity Partner February 23, 2021
- Tyson & Mendes Surpasses Gender Parity In Equity Partners February 10, 2021
- Tyson & Mendes Promotes Two to Equity Partner; Becomes Over 60% Women-Owned: Kristi Blackwell in San Diego and Lynn Allen in Phoenix Added as Equity Partners February 9, 2021
- Tyson & Mendes Purchases Scottsdale Building for its Arizona Office: Law Firm Will Move from Phoenix into New Space in the Coming Months November 19, 2019
- February Women’s Initiative Spotlight: Lynn Allen February 12, 2018
- Recent Arizona Appellate Decisions Favorably Impact the Insurance Industry April 2, 2021
- Prepping for a Surge of COVID-19 Bad-Faith Issues August 24, 2020
- Bad Faith in the Age of COVID-19 May 15, 2020
- Tyson & Mendes Appellate Win In Arizona September 30, 2017
- 17th Annual Employment Practices Liability Insurance ExecuSummit September 19-20, 2023
- Hot Topics for Defending Cases in Arizona and Defusing Nuclear Verdicts® August 31, 2023
- ExecuSummit April 12-13, 2023
Trending Topics & Annual Update – Webinar Series –
Topic 4: Nuclear Verdicts® Deep Dive May 4, 2023
- Nuclear Verdicts® in a Post-Pandemic World May 12, 2021