Steven M. O’Brien is the Managing Partner in Tyson & Mendes’ Boston office. His practice focuses on premises liability, products liability, medical malpractice, construction litigation, catastrophic injury litigation, commercial and general litigation, automobile liability, and professional liability. Mr. O’Brien has 36 years of litigation and trial experience and has represented various types of clients.
Over his career, Mr. O’Brien has received many honors and awards. In 2016, Mr. O’Brien received the 2016 Gold Award from Zurich Insurance Company. With this honor, he joined a select group individuals who have been recognized for demonstrating outstanding achievements that went above and beyond. The award was bestowed upon Mr. O’Brien and a colleague for trial work in a catastrophic crane collapse trial which took place in New York City over a period of fourteen months. The trial resulted in a favorable verdict for Mr. O’Brien’s client and was the longest civil trial in the history of New York County. In 2019, Mr. O’Brien received the Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association Defense Lawyer of the Year Award based on his trial and defense experience, and his contribution to the legal community. Since 2018, Mr. O’Brien has been an Associate Member of ABOTA.
Mr. O’Brien is admitted to practice law in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, the United States Court of Appeals, the United States District Court District of Massachusetts, and the United States District Court District of New Hampshire. He obtained his J.D. from the New England School of Law and his B.A. from Tufts University College of Liberal Arts, where he double majored in economics and Greek and Roman studies.
In his free time, Mr. O’Brien is an avid fly fisherman. He also enjoys spending time outdoors playing golf, and hiking.
- Nothing to Sneeze At: Employee Remote Work Requests May Get More Complicated – and Fast May 10, 2023
- Billion Dollar Jury Award Signals Change in Scale of Nuclear Verdicts® and Massachusetts Is Not Immune January 18, 2023
- Celebrity Chef in Hot Water – Settles Sexual Misconduct Lawsuits September 30, 2022
- Sunday Pay and Holiday Pay Will Be Eradicated By 2023 in Massachusetts February 7, 2022
- Joint Employment – What Does It Mean? January 13, 2022
- Which House is Which? The Importance of Clarity When Describing Policy Coverage December 3, 2021
- MassDLA Annual Meeting June 2, 2023
- 2022 Trending Topics & Year in Review – Webinar Series March 24, March 31, April 14, & April 21, 2022