Jennifer Akre serves as the Managing Partner for Tyson & Mendes’ Houston, Texas office. Ms. Akre brings more than 15 years of experience litigating high-risk cases in both the civil and criminal arenas. She has significant experience in trucking and transportation, premises liability, products liability, and complex casualty matters at primary and excess levels.
Ms. Akre’s practice has included the defense of companies of all sizes in the transportation and logistics industry, oil and gas industry, and multifamily housing industry. She is licensed to practice in Texas and Missouri state courts and before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern District of Texas and the Western District of Missouri.
Prior to joining Tyson & Mendes, Ms. Akre was a partner at a large Texas-based firm where she also served as Chair of the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee. She also managed her own criminal defense practice for four years, defending clients in federal and state court and clerked for several judges on the Missouri State Court of Appeals.
Ms. Akre obtained her J.D. from the University of Arkansas School of Law in Fayetteville, where she was a member of the National Trial Competition Team. She served as the Note and Comment Editor for the Journal of Food Law and Policy and was published for her Note, Creating Balance: Problems within DSHEA and Suggestion for Reform, 2006. She earned her B.A. in Economics from Southwestern University, Georgetown, Texas.
In her free time, Ms. Akre enjoys spending time with her two children, traveling, going to the theater, and cheering on her Houston Astros.
- Tyson & Mendes Office Leaders Tout Diversity In Texas Debut September 15, 2023
- Because Clients Asked, California Law Firm Moves into Texas With Houston Office July 31, 2023
- Tyson & Mendes Lands in Texas with Hartline Barger Trial Pro July 19, 2023
- Jennifer D. Akre Joins the Firm as Managing Partner July 18, 2023
- Tyson & Mendes Announces First Office to Open in Texas: Jennifer D. Akre Joins the Firm as Managing Partner, Leading the Houston Team in Defending Clients in the Lone Star State July 11, 2023