Jacob Felderman is Head of Legal Operations and the East Regional Managing Partner for Tyson & Mendes. Mr. Felderman has in-depth experience handling cases in California and Colorado in many practice areas, including general negligence, governmental liability, professional liability, business disputes, premises liability, product liability, personal injury, and commercial and general civil litigation.
Mr. Felderman has had a successful career as a litigator. He obtained a favorable jury verdict of 2% of plaintiff’s final demand in an admitted-liability auto accident case in which plaintiff claimed life changing neck and back injuries. He successfully defended an international produce corporation sued after an alleged food-borne outbreak caused over 300 cases of Hepatitis A and multiple deaths in the Eastern United States. He has also successfully defended C.P.A firms in suits involving multi-million-dollar embezzlement schemes alleging failure to uncover internal fraud during corporate audits.
In addition to his regular civil litigation practice, Mr. Felderman volunteers as legal counsel for outdoor recreational organizations, where he won a Federal administrative appeal against the U.S. Forest Service. The successful appeal resulted in opening public lands to responsible recreational user groups, while balancing the need to protect local flora and fauna. Mr. Felderman served as legal counsel and an expedition team member for National Geographic’s expedition in search of the lost tomb of Genghis Khan. He is a featured member in the National Geographic documentary, “Valley of the Khan’s.”
Mr. Felderman is a member of the Colorado State Bar and California State Bar. He earned his J.D. in 2003 from the University of Iowa, where he was a staff writer and Manager for the Journal of Gender, Race & Justice. He received his B.A. in English with honors from the University of Iowa. In 1997, Mr. Felderman was a member of the University of Iowa’s Division I NCAA National Championship wrestling team.
In his free time, Mr. Felderman enjoys rock climbing, mountaineering, skiing, and spending time with his wife and two sons.
- Attorney Spotlight: Jake Felderman September 1, 2022
- Tyson & Mendes Announces Denver Partner Jacob Felderman’s Promotion to Equity Partner February 1, 2022
- Tyson & Mendes Announces Two New Equity Partners January 26, 2022
- Tyson & Mendes Announces Two New Equity Partners: Daniel Fallon in San Diego and Jacob Felderman in Denver Promoted January 18, 2022
- Why Legal Operations is Top of Mind for Midsize Firm Tyson & Mendes November 5, 2021
- Civil Litigation Firm Tyson & Mendes LLP Expands Denver Office: Partner Jacob Felderman Relocates to Exclusively Serve Colorado January 15, 2018
- Insurance Defense Firm Opens Rocky Mountain Outpost January 10, 2018
- Jacob Felderman Named Partner June 6, 2016
- Dram Shop Wrongful Death Damage: Which Damages Cap Prevails? August 6, 2018
- An Overview of Common Personal Injury Damages in Colorado March 5, 2018
- When is a Leaky Roof No Longer the Roofer’s Problem? Application of Colorado’s Construction Defect Statute of Repose January 12, 2018
- DOES UNINSURED MOTORIST COVERAGE ENCOURAGE ASSAULT? December 21, 2017
- DEFENDING A SELF-EMPLOYED PLAINTIFF’S LOST INCOME CLAIM: ARE PERSONAL TAX RETURNS DISCOVERABLE IN CALIFORNIA? December 21, 2017
- Can an Employer Be Held Liable for an Off-Duty Employee’s Tortious Conduct? December 21, 2017
- When is a Landowner Liable for a Sidewalk-Related Injury? December 21, 2017
- Can California Taxpayers Recover Interest Via Negligent Tax Preparation Claim? December 21, 2017
- CAN SURGICAL DEVICE PERSONAL INJURY PLAINTIFFS AVOID FEDERAL PREEMPTION BY MAKING A FALSE ADVERTISING CLAIM? December 21, 2017
- Are Taxpayers Entitled to Recover Expectation Damages Against a Negligent CPA December 21, 2017
- Nuclear Verdicts® Summer Book Tour – Webinar Series June 18, July 8, July 23, August 6, August 20, & September 3, 2020