Edward R. Leonard
Edward Leonard is a Partner in Tyson & Mendes’ Orange County office with 42 years of litigation and trial experience. His practice focuses on general liability matters with a long-term emphasis on transportation cases involving the trucking industry and logistics. Mr. Leonard also has experience with personal injury cases.
Mr. Leonard has tried over 95 civil cases to verdict throughout the State of California and has served as a trial lawyer his entire career. His career began at Harrington, Foxx, Dubrow & Canter where he served as a trial attorney and Managing Partner for the mid-sized litigation firm. More recently, Mr. Leonard practiced law for Poliquin & DeGrave, LLP. Mr. Leonard has successfully defended numerous cases and is well known for being involved in a trial involving a repressed memory medical malpractice case. This case was the subject of numerous publications and is frequently referenced in medical/psychological/neurologic texts to this day.
Mr. Leonard has been a member of the Trucking Industry Defense Association (TIDA) from its inception in 1993 and has served on the Board as Secretary from 2002-2011. He remains a frequent lecturer for TIDA and for the Orange County Bar Association. He is an American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) attorney and served as the President of the Orange County Chapter in 2011. Mr. Leonard remains on the Board of the Orange County ABOTA Chapter and serves on various committees within the Orange County Chapter. He is also on the Board of the Association of Southern California Defense Counsel and has served as a civilian responder for the Orange County Sheriff Department’s Reserve Bureau.
Mr. Leonard received his B.A. in History from San Diego State University and received his J.D. from the University of San Diego School of Law.
Mr. Leonard resides in Dana Point, CA, with his wife of 42 years, Nancy, and has a daughter, Dana, who resides in London and is a film producer. Mr. Leonard’s greatest satisfaction as a lawyer comes from directing the development of young lawyers.
- Tyson & Mendes Launches New Subsidiary, TM HALO®, to Win Your Biggest Trials: New Trial Firm Devoted Solely to Winning Major Civil Jury Trials July 14, 2021
- Tyson & Mendes Welcomes Partner Edward Leonard June 16, 2021
- Tyson & Mendes Adds Transportation and Trucking Expert Edward Leonard as Partner June 8, 2021
- CLM Spotlight: Transportation May 30, 2023
- American Trucking Associations Mid Year Meeting April 10, 2023
- CLM Annual Conference February 27, 2023
- TM HALO® Presents: Anatomy of a Nuclear Verdict® December 8, 2022