Margaret M. Holm
Margaret M. Holm is a Partner in the Orange County, San Diego, and Los Angeles offices and Chair of the Healthcare practice. Ms. Holm is one of the country’s leading trial and appellate litigators for large health care entities in complex civil disputes. She is a well-renowned leader in the legal profession. Ms. Holm defends national and regional insurers in addition to healthcare organizations and providers, including hospitals, medical professionals, nursing homes, and long-term care facilities.
She has defended clients for professional malpractice, wrongful death, abuse, neglect, class actions, and catastrophic injury allegations. She handles the defense of property and business owners, national sporting associations, school associations, and public entities in complex, catastrophic cases involving fraud, abuse, neglect, and mass torts. She also has experience defending employers in cases involving a wide range of employment law issues.
Ms. Holm has an outstanding record of obtaining defense verdicts, early dismissals, and favorable settlements in over 200 civil jury trials and arbitrations with a success record of over 95 percent in jury verdict cases. She has held multiple leadership positions in law firms and legal organizations and has been recognized for her work by many prominent organizations on their lists of leading health care attorneys. She has also been recognized by Best Lawyers since 2007 for medical malpractice.
Ms. Holm received her law degree from Santa Clara University School of Law, where she was elected the first woman Student Bar Association President in its history. She graduated with a B.A. from the University of California San Diego. The American College of Trial Lawyers nominated and inducted Ms. Holm as a Fellow due to her exceptional skills in trial advocacy and civility. At the time, she was only the third woman in the nation to have achieved this honor. She has attained the prestigious rank of Diplomate from the American Board of Trial Advocates, where she has also served on its National Board of Directors and was President of the California state chapter of ABOTA and President of the local Orange County chapter.
- TM HALO Celebrates Second Anniversary; Moves to 100% Contingency Fee Payment Model September 13, 2023
- Million-Dollar Wrongful Death Medical Malpractice Lawsuit Results in Non-Suit Mid-Trial: Tyson & Mendes Orange County Office Secures Non-Suit for Clients August 31, 2023
- Important Revisions in Store for MICRA November 10, 2022
- Tyson & Mendes Adds New Health Care Group Head, 2 Attys July 27, 2021
- Tyson & Mendes Expands Healthcare Practice, Appoints Margaret Holm as Chair: Two Additional Attorneys Brought on to Expand Practice Group Capabilities July 20, 2021
- Tyson & Mendes Launches New Subsidiary, TM HALO®, to Win Your Biggest Trials: New Trial Firm Devoted Solely to Winning Major Civil Jury Trials July 14, 2021
- Tyson & Mendes Lands Attorney from Clyde & Co LLP: Margaret Holm Join Rapidly Growing Civil Defense Firm April 26, 2021
- Masters in Trial Hosted by ABOTA February 8, 2023
- 2022 Trending Topics & Year in Review – Webinar Series March 24, March 31, April 14, & April 21, 2022