John A. Anselmo
John A. Anselmo is Senior Counsel at Tyson & Mendes’ New York office, where he vigorously defends clients in general liability matters. He has over twelve years of experience litigating throughout New York.
His practice focuses on the defense of large companies and municipal entities in a wide variety of matters including negligent security, labor law, premises liability, Child Victims’ Act, lead paint and motor vehicle cases. Mr. Anselmo’s practice also includes the evaluation of potential risk transfer opportunities through contractual indemnification provisions and additional insured status, and he advises insurers and clients on the availability of alternate coverage on a variety of claims both pre and post-suit. Before joining the firm, Mr. Anselmo was a partner at a large insurance defense firm as a member of the general liability group. Mr. Anselmo is admitted to practice law in New York, and the United States District Court in the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York.
Mr. Anselmo obtained his J.D. from Touro Law School. He obtained his B.A. from Fairfield University.
During his free time, Mr. Anselmo enjoys cooking, traveling, and rooting for the New York Giants, Mets, and Knicks.
- Jury Awards a Record-Breaking $120 Million in New York Medical Malpractice Case February 15, 2024
- Gov. Hochul Shoots Down Proposed Damages for Emotional Suffering in Wrongful Death Cases February 12, 2024
- We’re Not Friends – New York Adds Social Media Protections for Employees and Applicants December 19, 2023
- “Yeezy” Does It: Adidas Backs Off on Kanye West Connection July 14, 2023
- Yorkie Dog Subject of NYPD Lawsuit Alleging Civil Rights Violations June 12, 2023
- “Wear and Tear”? in NY, Absent Clear Language, Insurer Beware! April 10, 2023