Christopher Schon is a Partner in Tyson & Mendes’ San Diego office. He specializes in high exposure catastrophic personal injury and general liability defense. Mr. Schon also assists privately held businesses in state regulatory and compliance matters.
Mr. Schon has successfully defended and resolved hundreds of matters for his clients. His personal injury trial experience includes a defense verdict in a multimillion-dollar traumatic brain injury case and jury verdicts substantially below plaintiffs’ settlement demands prior to trial. Mr. Schon has prepared and argued numerous trial and pre-trial motions that disposed of causes of actions and resulted in significantly reduced exposure against his clients. He has settled many personal injury cases within insurance policy limits in which the alleged damages exceeded the limits of the policy.
Mr. Schon earned his J.D. from Western State College of Law in 2013, where he served on the negotiations team and participated in various competitions throughout California. He obtained his B.A. from San Diego State University where he graduated with distinction. Mr. Schon is a member of the San Diego Defense Lawyers. He is licensed to practice law in all districts of California. Mr. Schon is a native San Diegan.
In his free time, he enjoys spending time with his wife and two daughters, supporting the Aztecs and Padres, spending time outdoors, and chasing the ever elusive goal of hitting a hole in one.
- Tyson & Mendes Announces its 2022 Partner Promotions Adds Five New Partners, Bringing Total Partnership to 47 February 8, 2022
- December Young Professionals Spotlight: Christopher Schon December 2, 2019
- Jury Awards Full Defense Verdict in $7.4 Million Multi-car Accident Case: Tyson & Mendes Law Firm Successfully Defends Chino Hills Ford April 18, 2019
- Protecting Your Client by Way of a Protective Order October 5, 2020
- Survival Actions in California: When a Tortious Act Causes Death, Who Can Recover What? July 8, 2020
- Review of Recoverable Damages in Wrongful Death Actions in California April 6, 2020
- Going the Distance with Requests for Admissions November 5, 2019
- California’s Post-Judgment Satisfaction Procedure September 30, 2019
- Beginning From the End: Post Trial Proceedings in California August 7, 2019
- Defending the Mild Traumatic Brain Injury Case in California June 3, 2019
- Using the Sword – Offers of Judgment in Nevada January 7, 2019
- Tis’ the Season for Social Host Liability in California December 3, 2018