Tyson & Mendes defends property owners in litigation arising from habitability claims brought by tenants. The firm commonly handles and has a successful track record defending claims arising from:
- Failure to protect against the elements, such as a leaky roof or broken window
- Insufficient heating, including hot and cold running water
- Electrical issues, such as insufficient electricity or poor electrical wiring
- Sanitation issues, including problems arising from waste or pests
- Failure to keep the unit and building in good repair, including the stairways and common areas
- Appropriate security measures for the property
Our habitability team defends these and many more habitability claims on behalf of individual and commercial landlords with a demonstrated history of successful results.